Leather Leone / Malibu Barbi / Sledge Leather (US)
Malibu Barbi was an American power metal band that was born of the ashes of Rude Girl. The most notable member of both bands is, of course, Leather Leone, who only sang on the Rude Girls EP. There have also been a demo and another EP listed as releases, but I'd start with the aforementioned release.

For fans of Chastain, CJSS, Liege Lord, Jaded Lady, Girlschool, Hellion, and Détente.

Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
If you've read my interview with Leather Leone, then you'd already have known about it by then. Either way, it looks like she's forming her own solo band to make up for David T. Chastain unwilling to commit to tours. Totally understandable situation, and I hope that they get more shows around the country. Few metal vocalists out there are on her level of talent.
Quote:Leather Leone, mostly known for her work with David T Chastain, has got a band together to start exploring the Metal scene on her own. Riding the wave of the latest Chastain release “We bleed metal” she has contacted some friends for the journey. The band will consist of David Harbour, (Chastain, King Diamond), Jim Dofka , (Dofka) and Brian Harris, (Darkology).
At this time the set will include material from her 7 records with Chastain, and also from her solo effort “Shockwaves”. Leather has stated, “we are starting out slow to find our groove and hopefully begin a new project together and write some interesting Metal!!!! I look forward to running into all my die hard Metal friends “. And of course, playing with these incredibly talented musicians.”
May 6th The Foundry Concert Club in Lakewood , Ohio
May 7th The" Ragnarokkr Metal Apocalypse Fest" at Reggie’s Rock Club in Chicago, IL
Source
Nice to see her taking the reigns & venturing out there.
(03-30-2016, 01:42 PM)mc666 Wrote: Nice to see her taking the reigns & venturing out there.
I think the same, since she's back it doesn't matter with band would be.
"There ain't no way to stop us
and you'll never kill our pride
'cause it's not only music
it's a chosen way of life!"
Amazing backing band!

Dofka is a phenomenal underrated guitarist. That Psycho Scream demo he did was amazing and caught the attention of Chuck Shuldiner ... which landed Tim Aymar the Control Denied gig.
Her backing band, IMO, nailed all the old Chastain tunes perfectly at Ragnarokkr. Even though it wasn't Chastain, it sure felt like it. And Leather still has it for sure!
Quote:Vocal legend Leather Leone (Chastain, CJSS) is currently putting together a European tour in conjunction with her appearance at the Keep It True festival in April.

Currently confirmed dates can be seen on the flyer below, with more to be announced soon.
Source
Quote:CHASTAIN singer Leather Leone has announced the formation of her solo band, dubbed simply LEATHER. Joining the vocal powerhouse in the new formation are Vinnie Tex (guitar), Daemon Ross (guitar), Thiago Velasquez (bass) and Braulio Drumond (drums).

LEATHER is putting the finishing touches on its debut album, to be released later in year.

The band has nine dates confirmed in Europe between end of April and beginning of June, with more to be confirmed soon.
Use this thread for discussions on Leather Leone and her previous bands, aside from Chastain, which must be posted in their respective thread.

Both Leather and Sledge Leather songs to revitalize this thread: