Stranger Things
Has anyone here seen this? I just saw the whole season on Netflix. Reminds me of a supernatural 80s horror/sci-fi flick. I don't normally get into newer TV shows, but I feel like they really nailed it with this one. Only bummer is I already watched all eight episodes and I'm pretty sure Season 2 isn't coming out until next year...
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
I just posted my thoughts on this in the Television thread; good, but not great show with a lot of potential for the future.
I haven't seen it,it sounds interesting enough to start watching the show.
I really enjoyed it....you can literally get lost in it and not realize you're watching something filmed in 2016.
I've watched the first three episodes of Strangest Things and I like the overal style and vibe it's been filmed.You really think you are back in the 80's.The storylines are pretty cool aswell.Some parts are over the top though.Probably that has to do with my age,a youngster can find these parts scary.
Watched the whole season last week and loved it. Keen for the next one.
Finished the whole season,this show is pretty addictive I must say.Hopefully there will be a next season.
Netflix confirms Stranger Things season 2 for 2017!

Quote:Stranger Things, Netflix’s eerie horror pastiche that mixes elements of Steven Spielberg, Stephen King and John Carpenter, has been the surprise hit of the summer – and it's coming back for a second season in 2017, it was announced today.

Read the whole article here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/on-demand/201...g-we-know/
Season 2 of Strangers Things is coming up.The first episode will be aired on October 31.

Not seen it yet but have recently got Netflix for free for a year so will give this ago in due course.

Ps What's the music like I see there is a couple of OST's coming out?
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

(04-04-2017, 02:48 AM)Too Dark Park Wrote: Not seen it yet but have recently got Netflix for free for a year so will give this ago in due course.

Ps What's the music like I see there is a couple of OST's coming out?

The first episode of season 1 is nothing special,a bit dull.From episode 2 it will be a lot better.

Should I Stay Or Should I Go of The Clash is a song that is played many times.Lots of other good music is usedI must say.
There is a soundtrack album out or coming out? I found this site with the songs that are played in the series:

http://www.what-song.com/Tvshow/173/Stra...ings/s/666[/i]
(04-07-2017, 04:07 AM)Spirit in Black Wrote: The first episode of season 1 is nothing special,a bit dull.From episode 2 it will be a lot better.

Should I Stay Or Should I Go of The Clash is a song that is played many times.Lots of other good music is usedI must say.
There is a soundtrack album out or coming out? I found this site with the songs that are played in the series:

http://www.what-song.com/Tvshow/173/Stra...ings/s/666[/i]

Thanks will listen latter my bed is calling.Smile

Instagram @dutch_steel

Just finished season 1. Great show really keen for season 2. loved all of it.

Instagram @dutch_steel

I watched while season one in one sitting, I don't watch too much "TV" but this show is awesome.
“We must secure total annihilation of humanity and end all life on this planet”
Two new fans,cool! Smile
So who has seen the new season? Your thoughts?
The concept is a great one, but the execution is flawed because they rely on CGI. CGI totally kills the 80's atmosphere. It would have been better if they used the techniques that were available in that decade. I would give it a 7 out of 10.
i enjoy the show. mostly for the story and it's character's who are pretty well written, the characters, for the most part are pretty likeable, which is not as common with a lot of actual Television Shows these days. the CGI is probably one gripe, but it's just a little gripe, cause when the characters are all very good written and have you laughing or has you gripped at the edge of the seat, you forget what anything bad you had to say about it.

a 9/10 show (goes for both seasons).
Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

http://nastymetalproductions.forcesofsteel.com/
X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
NastyMetalProdcuctions/YouTubeChannel
HeavyThrashhed/Soundcloud.com
Yeah the CGI for the "demodogs" was kinda out of place, but not enough to make me enjoy it any less.

Also, I noticed a lot of people hating on the episode that revolves around Eleven. I don't understand that at all. I think it was actually really interesting to learn more about her background.
(11-12-2017, 11:00 AM)Thundersteel Wrote: Also, I noticed a lot of people hating on the episode that revolves around Eleven.  I don't understand that at all.  I think it was actually really interesting to learn more about her background.

THANK YOU!. i thought me and my brother were the only ones that liked it.  in a way, the episode also gives away of what is to come in the third season.
Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
(11-12-2017, 01:53 PM)Heavy Thrashhead Wrote: THANK YOU!. i thought me and my brother were the only ones that liked it.  in a way, the episode also gives away of what is to come in the third season.

No man my girl and I thought it was one of the more interesting episodes.  People complain that it ruins the flow of the series, but really it's just about Eleven looking to learn more about her own past.  Also, Kali and her gang were the first people you saw in Season 2 so it's not like that episode was totally random.  I'm actually hoping they play a more important role in the next season!
(11-12-2017, 03:08 PM)Thundersteel Wrote: No man my girl and I thought it was one of the more interesting episodes.  People complain that it ruins the flow of the series, but really it's just about Eleven looking to learn more about her own past.  Also, Kali and her gang were the first people you saw in Season 2 so it's not like that episode was totally random.  I'm actually hoping they play a more important role in the next season!

that's right!, the beginning, so in many ways, that episode had every right to play a part in Season 2. people are kinda dumb. either way, it was a great episode that made sense. anyone who still thinks that the episode ruined the flow of Season 2 probably did not understand a fucking thing and was not paying attention. lol.

X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
Finished S.2 and it was a pretty cool season.Some new characters were added,it changed the vibe a bit.Only Bob did the series no good.

The epsiode with Eleven what alot of fuzz is about.I kind of get that,it was a bit of different as the rest of episodes.Like it didn't belong there.I did find it interesting to see some things of her past and that she wasn't alone (Kali).

A Season 3? There were signs during S.2 but if it's really going to happen...
(12-10-2017, 02:55 AM)Spirit in Black Wrote: Finished S.2 and it was a pretty cool season.Some new characters were added,it changed the vibe a bit.Only Bob did the series no good.

The epsiode with Eleven what alot of fuzz is about.I kind of get that,it was a bit of different as the rest of episodes.Like it didn't belong there.I did find it interesting to see some things of her past and that she wasn't alone (Kali).

A Season 3? There were signs during S.2 but if it's really going to happen...

Watching season 2 really slowly only two episodes in, making it last this time. So far so good!

Instagram @dutch_steel

(12-10-2017, 03:30 AM)Too Dark Park Wrote: Watching season 2 really slowly only two episodes in, making it last this time. So far so good!

That was my idea aswell.It didn't work though. Laugh