[Album] King Diamond (DK/US/SE) - The Institute (TBA 2020)
New song, "Masquerade of Madness", available in live form for the time being. I'm definitely curious to check out the rest of the album's contents. King Diamond

Quote:"[The album] has something to do with parallel worlds and punishment, and other stuff like that. You'll see us torture our dear little Abigail on stage. It's part of the story; you'll see it. But it's great to be here enjoying life. And [my son] Byron, it's been almost two years now [since he was born], and it's incredible. But it hasn't changed me very much when it comes to what I stand for and the stories that's coming and the musical style that's coming. It's total, utter KING DIAMOND."

KING DIAMOND's next album is said to be a story set in a 1920s mental institution. "I chose that because I think it's a very creepy scenario," King told Full Metal Jackie. "And the thing is that I know that somebody has talked about that, but that's not the setting, actually. There's a lot of other things involved, but the setting looks as if it was a 1920s asylum — that's exactly what it looks like. And some of the things that go on that we're gonna show onstage is also things that certainly was going on back then, when medicine was beginning to take a beneficial turn in history and actually being able to help human beings live longer. But there was some experimentation going on, too, that was absolutely gruesome. Some of that is involved in the story, but it's something totally different. Once you get to the second part of the story, you will begin to suddenly understand that, 'What the hell is going on here? What is this really about?' Cause there's a whole different story that will not come to you till second part. But in the first part, you're gonna get to know a lot people at a certain place.

"Instead of telling the story — it's way too much — but it does take place, I won't say where, what it's called, because that's the title of the album and I won't let that out yet. But some of it takes place here, this world, and some of it takes place in a parallel world. And there's a correlation between what happened to me and what happens to some people in this place and where they suddenly appear. And you will find out why they are there, how they appear there and the places down the road. I won't say too much right now, but it's gonna be very creepy."
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
FINALLY a better quality video! Can't wait to hear more, and a studio version.
Obviously a huge release. I read a comment elsewhere that this is going to be a 2LP? I really hope that is not the case. GMYSP didn't age well at all but the Puppet Master still hits pretty hard for being a "modern" release. I expect that the turnaround in KD's health will probably make for a better effort overall. I really don't think he was doing well during the GMYSP-era.
@glovesofmetal (Instagram)
(06-26-2019, 08:29 PM)Phantasm Wrote: Obviously a huge release. I read a comment elsewhere that this is going to be a 2LP? I really hope that is not the case. GMYSP didn't age well at all but the Puppet Master still hits pretty hard for being a "modern" release. I expect that the turnaround in KD's health will probably make for a better effort overall. I really don't think he was doing well during the GMYSP-era.

I think it's gonna be part 1 of the story on this album, and then a year or two, the rest of the story? So a 2 part/2 album series? That's what I gathered anyways, I could be wrong.

I didn't hate GMYSP, I actually like it, but it's one of his weakest albums, I believe there isn't a bad King Diamond album, that one was the weakest.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Album] Psychotic Waltz (US) - TBA Abum (Early 2020) Dudemanguy 2 79 07-13-2019, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Dudemanguy
  [Album] Testament (US) - TBA Album (January 2020) Painkiller 3 209 06-23-2019, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Painkiller
  Keep It True XXIII (April 24-25, 2020) Painkiller 1 142 06-13-2019, 05:38 AM
Last Post: Dudemanguy
  [Album] Sepultura (BR) - TBA Album (February 2020) Painkiller 1 140 05-07-2019, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Spirit in Black
  [Live Album/Video] King Diamond (DK/US/SE) - Songs for the Dead Live (January 25, 2019) Painkiller 21 899 02-02-2019, 03:19 PM
Last Post: HeavyMetalGamer