[Album] Ningen-Isu (人間椅子) (JP) - 新青年 (June 5, 2019)
So these old Japanese grandpas are still kicking and for their 30th year anniversary, they'll be releasing their 21st album on June 5th. They play a mix of like doom metal, heavy metal, thrash metal, progressive rock, and some folk elements (it varies).

Cover:

Tracklist:
Quote:M1.新青年まえがき(作詞・作曲/和嶋慎治)
M2.鏡地獄(作詞・作曲/和嶋慎治)
M3.瀆神(作詞/和嶋慎治 作曲/鈴木研一)
M4.屋根裏の散歩者(作詞・作曲/和嶋慎治)
M5.巌窟王(作詞/和嶋慎治 作曲/鈴木研一)
M6.いろはにほへと(作詞・作曲/和嶋慎治)
M7.宇宙のディスクロージャー(作詞/和嶋慎治 作曲/鈴木研一)
M8.あなたの知らない世界(作詞・作曲/和嶋慎治)
M9.地獄小僧(作詞/和嶋慎治 作曲/ナカジマノブ)
M10.地獄の申し子(作詞・作曲/鈴木研一)
M11.月のアペニン山(作詞・作曲/和嶋慎治)
M12.暗夜行路(作詞/和嶋慎治 作曲/鈴木研一)
M13.無情のスキャット(作詞・作曲/和嶋慎治)

MV:

Man it sounds like this could be one of their strongest albums to date. I can't wait.
Occasionally, I write Western and Japanese music reviews.
Quote this message in a reply
So I just listened to the album and...

Holy fuck how is this so good? Crusty old guys aren't supposed to be able to rock this hard. I had astronomical expectations for this and it delivered. It's one of their most creative albums yet with a bunch of just fucking awesome songs. I'd say it's a tad proggier than usual for them and it's definitely quite a bit more complicated rhythmically. Wajima's guitar work is plain incredible. He uses a ton of different tones/sounds and his solos are insane. God damn it, this is definitely at least a top 10 Ningen-Isu album. Quite likely a top 5 when it's all said and done. The entire album stands out, but for now I'm going to point to "屋根裏の散歩者" as being really super fucking cool.
Yeah, they still fucking deliver. I can't wait to properly investigate their entire discography (I plan on starting from the beginning). Every doom metal aficionado needs to get on these guys. Like...yesterday!

Being a poorfag is one thing, but laziness is a bannable offense. Tongue
Visit this user's website
For a band that been doing this for 30 years, it amazing how these late middle-aged men still have the energy to rock the hell out just like their prime days. Big Grin
My band projects: RanCoffin (Black Metal, Crust/D-Beat Punk) and Haunted Burial (Traditional Doom Metal)

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
Visit this user's website
(06-06-2019, 08:53 PM)Painkiller Wrote: Yeah, they still fucking deliver. I can't wait to properly investigate their entire discography (I plan on starting from the beginning). Every doom metal aficionado needs to get on these guys. Like...yesterday!

Being a poorfag is one thing, but laziness is a bannable offense. Tongue

They're a bit different than the usual old school bands you listen to, but I'm sure you'd dig them too. Fortunately most of their discography is still in print (minus 2 albums), so the Japanese prices will empty your wallet but at least you don't have to hunt down (too many) rarities. And yeah, I bought their first album as a test and was absolutely blown away. I went and hunted down the rest of their albums after that and lo and behold, Ningen-Isu became one of my favorite bands.

This is really an incredible album though. Out of all 21 of their albums, I can confidently say that this is definitely one of their best. It actually might end up being their best. It's amazing how these guys release so many albums on such a regular schedule and there's no sign of degradation or lack of creativity at all. They're just as good now as they were back in the late 80s and early 90s.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Album] Howling Sycamore (US) - Initiation (June 21, 2019) Dudemanguy 0 58 06-15-2019, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Dudemanguy
  [Reissue] Statue (FI) - Comes to Life (June 7, 2019) Dudemanguy 1 172 06-15-2019, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Dudemanguy
  [Album] Skelator (US) - Cyber Metal (June 14, 2019) Painkiller 0 71 06-14-2019, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Painkiller
  [Compilation] Riot (US) - Archives Volume 3: 1987-1988 (June 4, 2019) Painkiller 2 140 06-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Phantasm
  [Album] Vulture (DE) - Ghastly Waves & Battered Graves (June 7, 2019) Heavy Thrashhead 2 119 06-04-2019, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Painkiller