Aspid (Аспид) (RU)
Аспид (Otherwise known as Aspid) is a Russian technical thrash metal outfit. They only released one album called Кровоизлияние in 1992. It is a perfect combination of speed, obscureness, and overall groove. The solos on this album are just amazing!

[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlitksyuOd8[/video]
Quote this message in a reply
Cool technical thrash band. Definitely worth a listen for fans of this genre but I'm not sure how memorable the material is.
Visit this user's website
Definitely a great one-and-done band. Anyone into Coroner, Doom, and the like would be sure to dig them.
Visit this user's website
I somehow didn't find this out until today, but the entire album is actually up on bandcamp with a ludicrous "name your price" option that has no minimum. I'm not really sure if the band members will see a single penny from that, but I'll probably just lob a few dollars at it anyway since I love what I've heard from this album so for.

Also, I finally found a copy of this album at a reasonable price earlier today as well which I went ahead and bought since I like having the physical copy.
After my first listen of this album, I think it is easily a technical thrash classic and basically the very definition of a lost gem. If these guys happened to be in the West and on a label with good distribution back in 1993, everyone would have been hailing them as legendary right in the same breath as the likes of Coroner, Sadus, Watchtower, etc. I'm very glad the internet allowed this particular album to be rediscovered. It's pretty incredible and definitely a must for any technical thrash fan and any metal fan in general that doesn't mind a bit of a technical approach. Aspid is very heavily on the aggressive side of things and this one can get kind of close to death metal at times.