Guests Cannot View Poll Results
You must LOG IN or REGISTER to be able to vote in this poll.

Best Female Speed Metal Vocalist?
I'd love to do a poll on best speed metal female vocalists put I don't really know that many.

This is what I have so far:
Kate de Lombaert - Acid
Sabina Classen - Holy Moses

Once we get enough we can do the poll Wink
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

Quote this message in a reply
Moved to Death or Glory, since the child forums are more tailored to albums by genre and year.

There are a couple others in speed metal that come to mind. Plasmatics' Wendy O. Williams, Messiah Force's Lynn Renaud, Sentinel Beast's Debbie Gunn, Znöwhite's Nicole Lee, and so on.

Speed metal bands usually revert back to heavy metal (i.e. closer to Iron Maiden or Judas Priest), so no harm including a broader list.

My vote would have to be for Ann Boleyn of Hellion, or else it'd be Kate de Lombaert of Acid.

Visit this user's website
Ann Boleyn is my favorite.
Cheers Painkiller for the assist, voted for Kate de Lombaert of Acid Smile

Instagram @dutch_steel

Dawn Crosby got my vote.
(09-28-2018, 01:49 AM)Spirit in Black Wrote: Dawn Crosby got my vote.

Just listened to the first Détente album for the first, time really good stuff, on the list it goes!

I also really enjoyed Messiah Force and will undoubtedly pick up the anthology 2CD

Instagram @dutch_steel

there are some great talented female singers here, but my vote could have either gone to any of 'em, but i went with the underrated Nicole Lee. remember hearing the song "To the Last Breath" back in 2008 and just being floored by how such a female vocalist could pull of such a performance (be noted that i was not aware of Speed or Thrash female singers, so Znöwhite was very new to me), especially on such a Face-Ripper of a track it was.

Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

http://nastymetalproductions.forcesofsteel.com/
X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
NastyMetalProdcuctions/YouTubeChannel
HeavyThrashhed/Soundcloud.com
Man, talk about a pretty difficult poll. For me, it was between Kate de Lombaert and Ann Boleyn.
I suppose many people will continue moving towards careless computing, because there's a sucker born every minute. - RMS 

I voted on "other". I know many of you must consider Doro "too mainstream", and I understand, but for me she's the best. speacially on the two first Warlock albums. But I like all the others too, specially Ann.
Here are two others that weren't on the options and I like very much:

Jutta Weinhold

Leather Leone

"There ain't no way to stop us
and you'll never kill our pride
'cause it's not only music
it's a chosen way of life!"
(09-28-2018, 02:45 PM)Keeper Wrote: I voted on "other". I know many of you must consider Doro "too mainstream", and I understand, but for me she's the best. speacially on the two first Warlock albums. But I like all the others too, specially Ann.
Here are two others that weren't on the options and I like very much:

Jutta Weinhold

Leather Leone

In answer to the above the vocalists you have mentioned are heavy/power metal, not speedmetal as such that's why they weren't included, nothing to do with being mainstreem at all I'd say.

Instagram @dutch_steel

I see, I understood it now.
"There ain't no way to stop us
and you'll never kill our pride
'cause it's not only music
it's a chosen way of life!"
I went with Kat. She has a ton of energy on the first album. She's also a virtuoso when it comes to the guitar!
(09-28-2018, 02:22 AM)Too Dark Park Wrote: Just listened to the first Détente album for the first, time really good stuff, on the list it goes!

Good to hear you like em. Smile
To be completely honest, some of these I don't really know. I'm well versed in Hellion, Chastain, and somewhat in Acid. I'll refrain from voting for awhile.

I've check outed Znowhite, Sentinel Beast, and Messiah Force over the past few days; completely digging the Messiah Force.
@glovesofmetal (Instagram)
Amy Lee Carlson also deserves the honor of being among the best of the female speed metal queens of this generation. Probably dig her new band even more than Substratum. How is it even possible? Laugh
Damn I forgot I even started this thread.

Instagram @dutch_steel

That's a great list, and there are plenty more out there that are enjoyable, but Ann Boleyn is definitely my favorite out of all of them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Yngwie J. Malmsteen Vocalist? Painkiller 5 181 05-27-2019, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Painkiller
  Favorite Candlemass Vocalist? Painkiller 1 70 09-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Last Post: FinalShawn
  Favorite Speed Metal Debuts by German Power Metal Bands? Painkiller 12 405 08-30-2018, 04:54 PM
Last Post: The Jon Master
  Extreme Heavy/Power/Speed Metal Albums Painkiller 28 1,317 06-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Painkiller