Drottnar (NO) - Monolith (February 8, 2018)
Technical black metallers, Drottnar, are back and releasing a new album this year (their last one was back in 2012) on Endtime Productions. The lineup is a bit different than in the past with one of the guitarists taking over on vocals after their original guy left. Their other guitarist left the band as well, so they are down to a three piece. It still sounds really good to me however. The music this time around is less noodly and spastic and seems more focused on atmosphere. Still, they're just as dissonant as ever.

The album also compiles all of the Monolith EPs that are on bandcamp together, so there's no need to go out of your way for those. I'm eagerly looking forward to this since I think their other two albums are brilliant.
Quote this message in a reply
I got my copy of this album today and I'm super happy with it. It's honestly way different than their previous two albums. Welterwerk and Stratum were more noodly/spastic. Monolith overall is a lot more cold and atmospheric sounding however the usual dissonance is still there and the music is technical of course. The extra interlude tracks fight right in and all of the Monolith EP tracks flow smoothly together. I'm really glad I picked it up, and I'm glad they managed to put out another album after 7 years. An excellent release for sure.
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saxon (UK) - Thunderbolt (February 2, 2018) Keeper 6 86 01-23-2018, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Spirit in Black