Amazon.com Discogs eBay YouTube
[Doom Metal] Solitude Aeturnus (US)
I'm honestly quite surprised that a proper thread on Solitude Aeturnus hasn't popped up until now. Well, if you're a fan of Candlemass and epic doom metal in general, then you should check out Solitude Aeturnus. Any of their albums will do, but the first two are my personal favorites, with Into the Depths of Sorrow above Beyond the Crimson Horizon by a cunt hair. Such a great band, and Robert Lowe has more of a high-pitched voice in doom metal, reminding me of a more USPM-heavy sound. Someone equated Beyond the Crimson Horizon to Awaken the Guardian, and I could somewhat see that comparison, as Lowe definitely reminds me of a doomier John Arch.

Since I tend to compare Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass to each other, if I had to pick between the two, it'd be the former. Still, both are amazing epic doom metal bands that deserve all the praise. I'm just more into the USPM style, which Solitude Aeturnus is musically closer to.
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
No Permission
Sorry, you do not have sufficient rights to view replies in this thread. Please LOG IN or REGISTER!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Ambient] Haunted Solitude (US) MetalSamurai 5 412 04-06-2018, 12:24 AM
Last Post: MetalSamurai
  [Heavy Metal] In Solitude (SE) blackenedblackmetal 0 137 12-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Last Post: blackenedblackmetal