Guests Cannot View Poll Results
You must LOG IN or REGISTER to be able to vote in this poll.

Favorite Death Metal Album of 2007?
2007 isn't the strongest of years for Death Metal in my opinion, but there are still some gems to be had. Listen and cast your votes.

1) Arkhon Infaustus (FR) - Orthodoxyn

2) Benighted (FR) - Icon

3) The Black Dahlia Murder (US) - Nocturnal

4) Blotted Science (US) - The Machinations of Dementia

5) Deathevokation (US) - The Chalice of Ages

6) Diskord (NO) - Doomscapes

7) Immolation (US) - Shadows in the Light

8) Obliteration (NO) - Perpetual Decay

9) Portal (AU) - Outre'

10) Vomitory (SE) - Terrorize Brutalize Sodomize

Honorable Mentions
Aeon (SE) - Rise to Dominate
Before the Dawn (FI) - Deadlight
Behemoth (PL) - The Apostasy
Cephalic Carnage (US) - Xenosapien
Dark Tranquillity (SE) - Fiction
Defeated Sanity (DE) - Psalms of the Moribund
Drawn and Quartered (US) - Merciless Hammer of Lucifer
Gorefest (NL) - Rise to Ruin
Hacksaw to the Throat (US) - Wastelands
Neaera (DE) - Armamentarium
Necros Christos (DE) - Trivne Impvrity Rites
Nile (US) - Ithyphallic
Quote this message in a reply
Portal for me an incredible album that moved the boundaries imo of what is possible in death metal.
Second place goes to Deathevokation, the Chalice of Ages is a great album.
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

Portal is great and I definitely agree with what you said, but I cast my vote for Nocturnal. I don't care if it makes me sound like a "poseur", but The Black Dahlia Murder has always been one of my favorite bands, and Nocturnal was one of the first albums with harsh vocals I ever got into, so it has a special place in my heart/mind.

I still remember back in the days of Myspace, they used to have a decent music section. I found this album on there and was drawn in by the album art (which I still fucking LOVE.. Necrolord is the best album artist of all time), and it took a few times to get into. My parents heard me listening to it the first time and didn't want me to keep listening to it, so I listened to it when they weren't around because I was a rebel, lol (no, that last sentence wasn't serious. The scenario actually happened, but I was fucking around with the "I'm a rebel" part), and I still fucking love the album un-ironically.
Other: Obituary - Xecutioner's Return (what a surpise Cool ). Most albums in both lists are not really my taste,melodeath and/or too technical.

I love Gorefest and I like Rise To Ruin while playing it,the music is already forgotten when I put the disc away...
(01-16-2017, 04:02 AM)BeyondOsiris Wrote: Portal is great and I definitely agree with what you said, but I cast my vote for Nocturnal. I don't care if it makes me sound like a "poseur", but The Black Dahlia Murder has always been one of my favorite bands, and Nocturnal was one of the first albums with harsh vocals I ever got into, so it has a special place in my heart/mind.

I still remember back in the days of Myspace, they used to have a decent music section. I found this album on there and was drawn in by the album art (which I still fucking LOVE.. Necrolord is the best album artist of all time), and it took a few times to get into. My parents heard me listening to it the first time and didn't want me to keep listening to it, so I listened to it when they weren't around because I was a rebel, lol (no, that last sentence wasn't serious. The scenario actually happened, but I was fucking around with the "I'm a rebel" part), and I still fucking love the album un-ironically.
Well said.
Never heard them before have no opinion either way but It's stories like this that make metal music special.
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

I went with Benighted's Icon. Slut, Grind Wit, Forsaken and Smile Then Bleed are my favorite songs off that album. A really heavy, fast, brutal and magnificent death metal record.
Visit this user's website
Sarpanitum debuted in 07 with Despoilment of Origin, and I think I'll go with that one. Their sophomore is arguably stronger, but this isn't the best of years. Arkhon Infaustus and Deathevokation are worthy of mention to me among those listed, perhaps Vomitory as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Death Metal Album of 2015? BeyondOsiris 11 134 08-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Last Post: BeyondOsiris
  Favorite Death Metal Album of 2014? BeyondOsiris 8 208 08-04-2018, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Mick Bynes
  Favorite Death Metal Album of 2009? BeyondOsiris 12 337 07-07-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: StainedClass95
  Favorite Death Metal Album of 2008? BeyondOsiris 10 291 07-07-2018, 11:02 PM
Last Post: StainedClass95
  Favorite Death Metal Album of 2005? BeyondOsiris 6 271 07-01-2018, 03:23 AM