[Finnish Death Metal] Demilich (FI)
I was hesitant on putting Demilich here or in technical death metal, but decided they are first and foremost a leader in the Finnish death scene, so they belong here.

Demilich is one of the most unique bands in death metal, with their extremely chaotic sound, random changes, seemingly nonsensical song titles, and inhuman vocals. Despite a limited discography (like most of the Finndeath scene), they managed to put out Nespithe, one of the most interesting death metal albums you'll ever here, and a real classic of Finnish death.

Quote this message in a reply
Nespithe is a sure classic. Its album cover is almost as iconic as the music contained inside. Too bad I still don't have it. Sad
Visit this user's website
An awesome band indeed. Such death metal is really rare to find these days, creative and unique, from lyrics to vocals! Finland had lots of good bands in the 90s!
I've been meaning to get Nespithe for such a long time, but I'm glad that it's now a part of my collection. Pretty technical stuff for 1993, and strangely as I can't get into most "burping" death growls, Antti Boman has a pretty tolerable variation of that style.

Not a perfect album, but still above just solid. It's a shame that they don't get enough credit for what they laid down on tape. I can undoubtedly see myself going back to the album on more than just a few occasions.

Probably my favorite song off the whole album:
Fuck yeah. dunno if you have the 20th anniversary thing Svart Records put out a year or two ago, but it has a few unreleased songs ("The Faces Right Below the Skin of the Earth," "Emptiness of Vanishing," and "Vanishing of Emptiness") from 2006ish and they make me want to cry knowing what could have been had they decided to record a new album
(06-06-2015, 08:29 PM)noodle man Wrote: Fuck yeah. dunno if you have the 20th anniversary thing Svart Records put out a year or two ago, but it has a few unreleased songs ("The Faces Right Below the Skin of the Earth," "Emptiness of Vanishing," and "Vanishing of Emptiness") from 2006ish and they make me want to cry knowing what could have been had they decided to record a new album
That's not the version that I bought. I hate digipaks, so the only other option that I had was to get the 2009 reissue.
I usually hate digipaks but I'm a sucker for things like this. totally worth it
FANTASTIC band that released one of the most unique OSDM albums.
I have the original pressing but I never got into it,it sounds to polished up I'm willing to part with it but only for something with equal value.
Are their demos worth checking out? I love Nespithe and take it out once in a while for the spin, but I haven't heard much else.
(07-21-2015, 02:01 PM)Winebottle Wrote: Are their demos worth checking out? I love Nespithe and take it out once in a while for the spin, but I haven't heard much else.
I got the 2009 reissue that contains bonus tracks from one of their demos, and I like them. HecTheWreck thinks that their demos are much better than Nespithe.
The demos are great. I would say on par with Nespithe, which is a great album in it's own right. I don't like one more than the other.
I'm seeing the Pavement issue is going for outrageous prices maybe I'll sell mine.
I just noticed that they actually reunited last year. Does anyone know if they're currently working on new material?
As far as I know, they are only reunited for touring purposes. If that changes, it would be great. In the meantime, we may be able to expect more reissues of old demo material since they did release that vinyl boxset not too long ago. Unfortunately it sold out way too fast.
Sanctioned by the band, anyone can download Demilich's music for free here.
A totally unique band. They destroy!
I noticed that there's another Demilich thread. Maybe merge them?
Finndeath is so underrated it doesn't get enough credit. Would say nespithe greatest OSDM album ever.
Demilich is playing in the United States again. Mostly East Coast for now.
Dang, I missed Demilich. Ah well. I hope they'll be performing in the East Coast again and hopefully in 2019.
I feel like such a fucking moron for not listening to the 20th Adversary Of Emptiness compilation earlier. Previously, I've always just listened to the free downloads on Demilich's website, but that compilation is far, far superior. As they mention on the page, Svart Records dug up the original 24 bit master tapes (unlike all the other versions of their material which are all from a 16 bit source) and did a proper, amazing remaster of everything. I think it sounds far, far superior to any other master of Nespithe that I've heard. It's absolutely worth checking out if you haven't already.

Also all of the demos are on there as well, so even the hipsters that prefer the demos should check it out too. Wink
Whoa the compilation is that damn good? I'm gonna have to buy it!