General Reviews Discussion Thread
i pretty much found a TRUE example of shitty Negative reviewer who only is on Metal-Archives to be like your typical AVGN style bad reviewer.

low and behold https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Lord_Of_Diamonds. and for an example of how "Unintelligent" and "one-trick pony" this idiot is, here is his newest review. ladies and gentlemen, i give you Abigail https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/K...nds/491990.

i know it seems rather pointless to bring up "Bad" Metal-Archive reviewers, but just seeing this today just made it more clearly of how "Bored" these losers get and quite frankly, to my eyes, ruins the "Art" of Reviewing. it's one thing to dislike, but to dislike and album for just the sake of it and not anything "Intelligent" to say is just flat out Pointless and this guy sure did not go into Reviewing for good writing and instead went in for just dumb comedy and scene points. fuck this jackass. lmao!.
Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

http://nastymetalproductions.forcesofsteel.com/
X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
NastyMetalProdcuctions/YouTubeChannel
HeavyThrashhed/Soundcloud.com
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
Heh, that's actually the same guy I mentioned a few posts ago. Regardless, I fully agree with you. It's a horrible review. I personally don't care too much for King Diamond either, but a 19% is ludicrous no matter how you slice it. It's hard to take a guy seriously when he complains about a NWOBHM album having "horribly melodic riffs."
Occasionally, I write Western and Japanese music reviews.
The nice thing about a well-written review or list is that it can tell you a lot about the person as a whole, and if there's any connection to be made.

For lists in particular, how albums, songs, or bands are ranked will shed some light on the author's perspectives. Even better when there's a bit of an explanation behind his or her picks. Instead of looking at things in a negative light, I'd rather understand where the person is coming from before asking questions or giving feedback.

Reviews aren't meant to be read (or written) by short-tempered people. They need therapy, rather, with limited or no Internet connectivity.
Visit this user's website
Alright so here's another ridiculous review for you. Some dude gave Demilich's Nesphithe a 50%. I quote:

Quote:The music really sounds traditional and simple, as if this is just another traditional death metal band.

How could anybody that's listened to that album possibly come to that conclusion? WTF?
Occasionally, I write Western and Japanese music reviews.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Mini-Reviews Thread Painkiller 63 4,362 12-11-2018, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Painkiller