How Do You See Technology in the Next Couple of Decades?
If there's one thing that mankind should be credited for, it's the rapid evolution of technology.

For many decades and even centuries, we've depended on machines to make our lives easier. As it stands with our current progress, we can only do so much more with it to enhance our everyday activities. Technology can suit our needs, from doing laboratory work to enjoying yourself at home to some video games.

It was only a matter of time before we went from using microwave-shaped monitors to HDTVs for our computers. Back in the pre-Windows XP days, you'd be one lucky bastard to own a computer with over 300 MB of RAM, 30 GB of hard drive space, or even using USB drives in favor of floppy disks.

What's really intriguing is that even several years from now, most of our current technology -- from smartphones to USB hubs -- may be considered obsolete by whatever new ideas are on the horizon.

I just hope that many contemporaries from the present will still serve a purpose in the future. I mean, people are still buying vinyl, so there's some hope that we're not suddenly just going to start having our music collections implanted in our heads or self-driving cars becoming the norm!
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
I can only imagine how things will change in the next few decades, just within my time on this earth things have changed so drastically concerning technology. The first computer my family ever bought was an Apple IIc and here I am with a laptop and a phone of all things that are incomparable. Technology grew by extraordinary leaps and bounds in the years following WWII and that in itself is an interesting topic probably best saved for another thread, but what are we going to see in our lifetimes? It does worry me what our children will face, it seems with the growth of technology the noose is being tightened ever so quietly and we are being led down the road to a bleak dystopian society reminiscent of Peart's vision in 2112, the masses so blinded and enamored by what technology has brought us, they have not a care.

"I saw Kirk Hammet pick up Tiny Tim's ukulele and play some Metallica solos...sounded JUST like the record..."

"If you listen to BM, but you don’t know what phase the moon is in, or what wild flowers are blooming then you have failed. It is shocking to me that one could be seriously interested in Black Metal and not be deeply committed to radical ecology."
As i see technology moving forward overtimes, more and more jobs depend on the computer for their needs. I had been into computer since i was a kid and it was windows 95. So i was fortunate that my mom had a computer back then.

Nowadays, with all the high tech we have around us now, i'm worried about the children of the future generation because when i walked around the store before, I've seen kids with smart phone now instead of toys which i was raised by toys when i was a kid. I've even more concern about my generation now leading on social media to talk to people on instead of actually making a face to face contact. If this keeps up, then socializing face to face will fade out soon.

From decade from now, we could be seeing more drones flying around and computer glasses that can be used to put on your face like a normal glasses and the screens will pop up like a regular computer and have the ability to touch the screen too. Not to mention robots too. Japan and Russia (maybe other countries do have it too but not sure) already had robot under the prototype stage now but years later, it will be released to the public for various purposes. Even Russia is already developed a robot that had almost a lot of human features.

Well that's my thought on technology. It's good to have technology but at the same time, people will find a way to abuse the power with technology.
My band projects: Bloody Rage (Extreme Metal, Crust/Hardcore/D-Beat Punk) and Haunted Burial (Traditional Doom Metal)

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
(05-11-2015, 12:46 AM)MetalSamurai1014 Wrote: Nowadays, with all the high tech we have around us now, i'm worried about the children of the future generation because when i walked around the store before, I've seen kids with smart phone now instead of toys which i was raised by toys when i was a kid. I've even more concern about my generation now leading on social media to talk to people on instead of actually making a face to face contact. If this keeps up, then socializing face to face will fade out soon.
It's all very concerning. Instead of going outside and playing with each other, kids are nowadays stuck inside their bedrooms, constantly shifting through social media profiles and playing MMORPGs. They're missing out on what it felt like to have real connections.
The way I see it is technology is just going to keep advancing, improving and getting better. We will also see new technologies such as Self Driving Cars, Robots/Artificial Intelligence and Holograms used in our everyday lives. Obviously technology can't keep advancing forever. There is a limit to how far we can go and will no doubt reach that limit one day, but we still have a ways to go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Computers & Technology Thread Painkiller 180 2,382 09-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Painkiller