Metal Album Anniversary Milestones
September 3rd, 1984...

Hard to believe it has been thirty years, I still remember like it was yesterday buying Powerslave the day it came out at Sound Warehouse after school. One of my all-time favorite albums, from Aces High to Rime Of The Ancient Mariner and Derek Riggs' cover art for this album is to this day my favorite. This was the first tour I saw Maiden, WASP opened touring their first album, Maiden's set was awesome and probably my favorite out of the three times I've seen them - Powerslave, S.I.T., and Seventh Son.

"I saw Kirk Hammet pick up Tiny Tim's ukulele and play some Metallica solos...sounded JUST like the record..."

"If you listen to BM, but you don’t know what phase the moon is in, or what wild flowers are blooming then you have failed. It is shocking to me that one could be seriously interested in Black Metal and not be deeply committed to radical ecology."
Quote this message in a reply
Amazing album. I recall when I first got this one just playing it over and over. Still sounds fresh and stands as a landmark today; the mark of a classic.
Actually that how i heard of Iron Maiden. This was my first Iron Maiden. Smile
My band projects: Bloody Rage (Extreme Metal, Crust/Hardcore/D-Beat Punk) and Haunted Burial (Traditional Doom Metal)

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
Visit this user's website
...and in four days, it'll mark three decades since Don't Break the Oath came out.

Music is timeless.
I don't listen to Maiden a lot anymore but Powerslave is still my favorite by them. I have the poster flag hanging in my room.

Also Painkiller was released 24 years ago today.
Powerslave is one of my favorite Iron Maiden albums. Hell I would say "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" is possibly my favorite Maiden song.
I like Powerslave but it was never my favorite. It has some classics Smile
My favorite Maiden album will be Number of the Beast THE ONEKing Diamond
HARD & HEAVY METAL HITS RADIO

Playing the Best Hard Rock, Melodic Rock, AOR, Heavy Metal, NWOBHM, Power Metal, Speed Metal & Thrash Metal
Wow. I can't believe it's that old. My favourite Iron Maiden album, bar none.
...Live After Death was released Now Playing

October 1985 - such a great time for metal and 1986 was right around the corner.

"I saw Kirk Hammet pick up Tiny Tim's ukulele and play some Metallica solos...sounded JUST like the record..."

"If you listen to BM, but you don’t know what phase the moon is in, or what wild flowers are blooming then you have failed. It is shocking to me that one could be seriously interested in Black Metal and not be deeply committed to radical ecology."
My favorite album! Well not anymore, but it is the one I lost my virginity to lol I bought it for this chick I was sort of dating, if smoking weed in my bedroom counts as dating, and bought it for her for a Christmas gift. She found out I got it for her and screwed my brains out. Then we broke up and I got to keep the album. Smile win win for me lol
Awesome live collection from them in their prime.
October 15, 2015 marks thirty years since Fates Warning released the timeless classic that is The Spectre Within.
(10-15-2015, 02:09 AM)Painkiller Wrote: October 15, 2015 marks thirty years since Fates Warning released the timeless classic that is The Spectre Within.

Now, that is an album I appreciate more and more as I get older.
(10-15-2015, 06:50 AM)Phantasm Wrote: Now, that is an album I appreciate more and more as I get older.
I'm the same way. John Arch is one of those vocalists in metal whose singing you either love or hate.
(10-15-2015, 06:50 AM)Phantasm Wrote: Now, that is an album I appreciate more and more as I get older.
I guess I can say the same thing. When it first came out I absolutely hated it, but now I can tolerate it once in a while. Tongue
October 30th, 1985 saw the release of what is my favorite Anthrax album, Spreading The Disease. With tracks such as Medusa, Lone Justice, and A.I.R. this album is a classic.

Anthrax will be releasing a 30th anniversary edition of the album - but not until November 20th...

Scott Ian:

Quote:“We didn’t know what we were doing, but we totally knew what we were doing, I know that doesn’t make sense, but it’s where we were at, a bunch of 21 year-old kids making our major label debut on a shoestring budget with nothing but a dream and a bunch of songs that we thought killed. We were right and our dream came true. Thank you to all the fans that put this record and Anthrax on the map way back when and still support us today. Cheers my friends!”

http://nysmusic.com/2015/10/22/anthrax-t...e-disease/

On October 31, 1985, Aria (Ария) released their very first album, Megalomania (Мания величия). A solid entry in the world of metal by such a well-regarded Russian heavy metal band. Unlike a lot of other bands in the same school of metal, they continued releasing quality albums after the 1980s were over. Definitely a band that Iron Maiden fans should be checking out. The non-English song titles and lyrics should be NO excuse to pass on this great band.

This is cool but near the end it kinda lost track for me.
(10-31-2015, 06:46 AM)HecTheWreck Wrote: This is cool but near the end it kinda lost track for me.
They can't be all winners, yeah. It's still a strong release, and I'd encourage you to keep going through their discography. You're missing out.
I'm not a big fan of Anthrax,this album is a great one though.
Great album, probably my favorite from them, but Among the Living is right up there with it. Will keep an eye out for the anniversary edition.
On January 17, 1986, King Diamond and crew rose from the ashes of Mercyful Fate and debuted a mandatory classic known as Fatal Portrait. Posted my review here.

30 years ago,February 21 1986 to be exact,Metallica released their third album Master Of Puppets! Thrash metal or not,this album is fcking killer!

This week marks thirty years since Voivod's Rrröööaaarrr and Obsession's Scarred for Life were released. Also, Manilla Road's The Deluge turned thirty in late February.
Yesterday marked Sad Wings of Destiny's fortieth anniversary!

Today marks thirty years since Accept's Russian Roulette and Anthem's Tightrope were released!

36 years ago, today...Black Sabbath released Heaven And Hell

Rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio

Holy Moses - Queen of Siam
Realeased - May 12th 1986

On this day, Loudness' Lightning Strikes was released thirty years ago. It was previously released earlier in Japan as Shadows of War.

I remember my first Loudness exposure being the "Let It Go" music video. Ever since then, I've been on a Japanese metal kick since nearly a decade ago.

Twenty years ago,on July 23,1996.Nevermore released their second album The Politics Of Ecstacy.A very good album with a horrible cover.

Twenty-nine years ago, Sarcófago released I.N.R.I., a classic black/death/thrash metal album that's hailed by many as perhaps THE foundation of war metal.

Released today
August 7th, 1983

This was such a kick in the ass album,that got me through the rest of the year.
(08-07-2016, 09:41 AM)HecTheWreck Wrote: Released today
August 7th, 1983

This was such a kick in the ass album,that got me through the rest of the year.

Man, what a great album. I can still remember the look on the old postal worker's face when I went to pick my package up from the post office and he saw the cover... At the time I belonged to that Columbia House group where you got twelve albums for a penny and then would pay those stupid prices over the rest of the year or whatever, back then you could just screw them and they didn't do anything but I'd order shit once a month with my allowance just for the hell of it. I opened that package and the old man saw that baby on the cover...hahahaha Those were the days, people thought you were total scum if you listened to metal, even a little kid like myself at the time.

25 years ago,Metallica released their fifth album,simply called Metallica.
An album that made Metallica huger than ever at that time and the fans of the first hour in shock.Me included (not that I was a fan since the first hour) Aside from a couple of cool songs on the album,most songs were just...I don't know...too cheezy?! Nowadays I like the album a lot.

So,now you can kill me for posting this. Cool
Cirith Ungol's One Foot in Hell turned thirty yesterday. Sweet album.
Iron Maiden's Somewhere In Time was released thirty years ago today, September 29th, 1986:

(09-29-2016, 05:58 AM)Speedball Wrote: Iron Maiden's Somewhere In Time was released thirty years ago today, September 29th, 1986:

This was the end for me,sure it had a few good tunes on it but it just dragged along,just lost their edge and I never really took them serious after this.
(09-29-2016, 05:58 AM)Speedball Wrote: Iron Maiden's Somewhere In Time was released thirty years ago today, September 29th, 1986:

STILL my favorite Maiden album!! Hand
Their best album with Bruce Dickinson. Much more consistent and the closest they ever got to power metal. One of their last classics.

Really important record for me. Getting one of the SiT Eddies tattooed on my arm in the next few weeks (hopefully).

SIT was the soundtrack of the last three years of my high school.One of the few good things...
It is still one of my all time favorite albums.
Released today back in 81.

Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst?

30 years ago today,this album came out and has no need for any introduction (I hope... Cool ):

Hand
Metal Church's The Dark turned thirty yesterday. Great album. I should put it on later.
This month,25 years ago,DeadHead released their debut album The Feast Begins At Dawn.

Possessed's classic Seven Churches turns 31 today

Fates Warning's Awaken the Guardian was released exactly thirty years ago. Hail to a true classic! Hand

@Painkiller: Will definitely have to dig out my LP copy and give it a listen tonight with a few beers.
On march 9 1987,D.R.I. released their second full-length album Crossover.

(03-10-2017, 12:17 AM)Spirit in Black Wrote: On march 9 1987,D.R.I. released their second full-length album Crossover.

Important album to me and when I first got it was in constant rotation for months, I got a lot of love for it still.
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel