Metal Album Anniversary Milestones
Never was that much into them, but cool. They're definitely one of the pioneers.
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
25 years ago,God Dethroned released their debut album The Christhunt.

In 1987 on april 23,Death Angel released their debut album The Ultra-Violence.

Pretty Maids and Artillery also recently made the rounds.
Thirty years ago...
Morbid Angel's Altars of Madness was released on this day, about twenty-eight years ago. An unsurpassed death metal classic.
(05-12-2017, 04:45 PM)Painkiller Wrote: Morbid Angel's Altars of Madness was released on this day, about twenty-eight years ago. An unsurpassed death metal classic.

One of my all time favorite death metal albums.
May 14, 2017 marked thirty years since Manowar's Fighting the World was released. To be honest, it's not an amazing album, and while there are some rather mediocre cuts, the title track, "Defender", and "Black Wind, Fire and Steel" save the album for me. Good for a bit of commercial touches, but past this album and Kings of Metal, I couldn't care less.

Today, May 15, 2017, three more albums celebrated their thirty years of existence. Those three albums are Cryptic Slaughter's Money Talks, G.I.S.M.'s M.A.N., and Mötley Crüe's Girls, Girls, Girls.

Also, twenty years ago, on May 14, 1997, Bruce Dickinson released Accident at Birth. Kuroageha's Capriccio was released the day after.
Scream Bloody Gore was released thirty years ago today. If you hate this album, then you are a wimp. This is the epitome of everything death metal. Axe
I love SBG so much. I found this cool gif in Facebook today.

Twenty years ago, Mötley Crüe released Generation Swine. It turns out that it wasn't just Muslims repulsed by that album.

Yesterday marked thirty years since Brazilian power/speed metal band Viper debuted with Soldiers of Sunrise.
Twenty years ago, on July 29, 1997, Japanese neoclassical power metal band Concerto Moon released their debut album, Fragments of the Moon, on Mandrake Root Records.
Stained Class is forty years old today! Headbanger

Sweet. The all-time great as far as I'm concerned (no surprise there I imagine).

It's pretty impressive when you step back and think of how quickly they were churning out classics back then. Sad Wings, Sin After Sin, Stained Class, and Hell Bent were all released within a little under three years with the biggest gap being 13 months between Sad Wings and SAS. Such a creative outburst that gave us all so much, whether you're a big fan of those albums, or perhaps the bands that were influenced by them.
Two more years from now, and Black Sabbath's very first album will turn fifty! Time sure does fly. Headbanger

Battalions of Fear turns 30 today!

Ah a very fun album indeed. I'm not exactly one of those hipsters that prefers speed metal Blind Guardian, but I'm pretty close to it.
Hey, I'm no hipster! Tongue

They just had far better musicianship to my ears on the first three albums, and then the quality slowly declined with every release since then.
First six albums are all good to me, though I consider Tales from the Twilight World my favorite.
Riot's Thundersteel turned thirty today. It was originally released on March 24, 1988.

Thirty years ago, on this day, Iron Maiden released...this:

(04-10-2018, 11:33 PM)Painkiller Wrote: Thirty years ago, on this day, Iron Maiden released...this:

I remember buying this album on vinyl.It was,for me,also the last good Maiden album.
(04-12-2018, 11:09 PM)Spirit in Black Wrote: I remember buying this album on vinyl.It was,for me,also the last good Maiden album.

Me too, purchased at the same time as a pop record I remember  the record store guy asking me if I wanted both records. Laugh
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

(04-13-2018, 02:14 AM)Too Dark Park Wrote: Me too, purchased at the same time as a pop record I remember  the record store guy asking me if I wanted both records. Laugh

He just wanted to save your soul. Laugh
On April 28th 2008,Warrel Dane (RIP) released his solo album '' Praises To The War Machine''.

I like this album although I don't listen to it very often.It's a mood album.

Ten years ago,Hail Of Bullets released this masterpiece.

(05-15-2017, 02:56 AM)Painkiller Wrote: May 14, 2017 marked thirty years since Manowar's Fighting the World was released. To be honest, it's not an amazing album, and while there are some rather mediocre cuts, the title track, "Defender", and "Black Wind, Fire and Steel" save the album for me. Good for a bit of commercial touches, but past this album and Kings of Metal, I couldn't care less.

Today, May 15, 2017, three more albums celebrated their thirty years of existence. Those three albums are Cryptic Slaughter's Money Talks, G.I.S.M.'s M.A.N., and Mötley Crüe's Girls, Girls, Girls.

Also, twenty years ago, on May 14, 1997, Bruce Dickinson released Accident at Birth. Kuroageha's Capriccio was released the day after.

I just spent some time with that Manowar this week and I'm with you on it. It's problematic but those two tracks in particular set it above water again. 

We had some important milestones last week: Rainbow Rising, Judas Priest Ram it Down, and Maiden's Piece of Mind all in a two day span or so.

Edit: I originally accidentally modified your post instead of quoting. Should be back to normal.
@gloveofmetal (Instagram)