[Northern European/Scandinavian Metal] Witch Cross (DK)
Witch Cross is a heavy metal band from Denmark, similar to Pretty Maids (without the keyboards). Their previous material was reissued on a four-LP package by Hells Headbangers in 2012, with the standalone Fit for Fight release later on reissued (finally!) on CD, cassette, and vinyl.

They also put out a second album in 2013, but I don't think it's that great. I'm not a fan of the new vocalist.

Oh, and did you know guitarist Cole Hamilton designed the cover for Mercyful Fate's self-titled EP? Wink

Phantasm:
If you haven't yet heard this band, I'd recommend them.
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks for the heads up. I came across them a year or so ago when HHR was promoting the reissues. Great stuff, still need to get the album though.
(06-09-2014, 06:00 PM)Phantasm Wrote: Thanks for the heads up. I came across them a year or so ago when HHR was promoting the reissues. Great stuff, still need to get the album though.
Yeah, sure thing. A friend from Brunei showed me this band in late 2011, and I was hooked on their sound. "Nightflight to Tokyo" and "Alien Savage" sound like lost Tokyo Blade and Diamond Head songs.
Great band. Their early demos are even better. I can't say the Axe to Grind release was that good, surely not terrible.

Nec
(08-09-2014, 04:15 AM)Necatina Wrote: Great band. Their early demos are even better. I can't say the Axe to Grind release was that good, surely not terrible.

Nec

Might have to get the boxset to get those demos, could do with more Witch Cross in my life.
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

High Roller Records just did a reissue on CD and vinyl of the classic.
Quote:WITCH CROSS "Fit For Fight" - CD and LP reissue out now

Along with the legendary Mercyful Fate and some considerably more obscure acts such as Alien Force, Randy and Crystal Knight, Copenhagen's own Witch Cross must rate as one of the best Danish heavy metal bands ever. Their 1984 album "Fit For Fight" is surely one of the Top 5 albums in the history of Danish Metal. High Roller Records is proud to present new reissue with an improved sound - without a doubt, this is the best sounding version of this ultimate classic!
I just want the demos/7" to be issued as a compilation again, hopefully soon.

Instagram @dutch_steel

Did you miss them the first time around?

So did I. Tongue
I sure did and hopefully HRR will reissue them, just sent them an email asking that very question.

Instagram @dutch_steel

That was one of the first signs of hope I had for them, as I've always been more of a traditional metal fan.

As for what you referred to a few minutes ago, it has been corrected.
(07-12-2018, 10:36 PM)Painkiller Wrote: That was one of the first signs of hope I had for them, as I've always been more of a traditional metal fan.

As for what you referred to a few minutes ago, it has been corrected.

Here is the reply from HRR
"Hi

not in the near future but maybe in 2019

cheers
steffen "

Instagram @dutch_steel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [North American Heavy Metal] Sky Witch (US) FinalShawn 0 116 06-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Last Post: FinalShawn