Beatles,Stones,60's British Invasion,Psychedelic Garage,Jimi Hendrix,70's Hard Rock and Prog,Old School Punk.
Quote this message in a reply
Prog. Rock- King Crimson, Camel, Nektar, (some) Yes

'70s Hard Rock/Psych/proto-metal- Sir Lord Baltimore, Budgie, Blue Cheer, Hendrix, Grand Funk, Buffalo

Some Blues stuff as well, although i'm not terribly well versed in it.
(07-22-2015, 02:28 AM)Spirit in Black Wrote: Didn't I make a thread like this before?
Anyway,I like non metal music; Golden Earring,Fleetwood Mac,CCR,many various 60's,70's and 80's rock,ABBA,hardcore like 2 Unlimited and DJ Paul Elstak,70's and 80's disco,old-U2,old-Simple Minds,Stevie Nicks.

Didn't see it, crap Sad Tongue I'm a big ABBA and old Simple Minds fan too! New gold dream's amazing. Love 70s-80s disco too, it's just super fun Big Grin
Yes, I agree that 70s Scorpions is metal, but I like so much of the nonmetal Scorpions too!

Getting myself into listening to Blues. No wonder that Blues actually influenced Heavy Metal of course. Got into listening Muddy Waters stuff.

I'm also opening myself listening to bluegrass even though it's not my favorite type of music, its better than shit that people listen to nowadays.

Personally, i love dark ambient music. That's the closest music that i really like beside metal and punk if i want something more moody and atmosphere-like music, but dark and gritty too.

My band projects: Bloody Rage (Extreme Metal, Crust/Hardcore/D-Beat Punk) and Haunted Burial (Traditional Doom Metal)

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
Visit this user's website
I listen to music from almost all fronts, mostly J-rock and J-pop along with Thrash and Death metal.

The Bennies (Reggae)
Kurosaki Maon (J-Rock/J-Pop)
Grunt (power electronics)
Will Over Matter (Power electronics)
Bizarre Uproar (Noise/power electronics)
Vinterriket (Ambient)
Dark Ages (Ambient)

I listen lot radio too but not particular favourites:

rock station
classical station
mainstream party music station
Not counting any form of rock music, I like noise, power electronics, gabber, death industrial, old school hip hop, & classic country to name a few.
There's a lot of music I listen to that I wouldn't consider metal. Mainly what I listen to is the Swedish hardcore scene. Check these guys out.

Raw Bristol hardcore punk icons, and a huge influence on me:

I enjoy quite a bit of vaporwave and IDM. Though I recently been becoming fond of golden age hip hop and Jazz.
Well as far as my other preferences go; AOR, military songs, hardcore and some rap.

Few examples:

AOR
Stan Bush
Skagarack
Robin Zander
basically whatever was in the soundtrack of an 80s action film

Rap
Sutter Kain
anything about life

Hardcore
Kesshin
Story of the Year
Rise Against

As for military music

I was getting into some Celtic music. This made me immediately think of some medieval, fantasy stories that i read or watched before that i loved so much. I'll be listening to some more this as of right now.

My band projects: Bloody Rage (Extreme Metal, Crust/Hardcore/D-Beat Punk) and Haunted Burial (Traditional Doom Metal)

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
(05-09-2017, 08:08 PM)MetalSamurai1014 Wrote: I was getting into some Celtic music. This made me immediately think of some medieval, fantasy stories that i read or watched before that i loved so much. I'll be listening to some more this as of right now.

Good choice with Adrian von Ziegler! I'll be listening to more of his stuff as well. He just uploaded this new one a couple days ago

I've really been digging Anekdoten and Kayo Dot recently...
I like some melodic techno and electronica; the uplifting and somewhat cheesy sounding.

I am also a huge fan of military cadences/marching songs from all over the world; this one is from France (French Foreign Legion)

Also, I listen to depressive ambient, like Nights Amore.

Some old Darkwave from the motherland.Now Playing
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

Now Playing

Instagram @dutch_steel

Timeless OSTNow Playing

Instagram @dutch_steel

^^Someone introduced me to Spiral not too long ago. It was pretty good!

Nox Arcana is another one I enjoy.. a two-man dark ambient group, thpugh Joseph Vargo is the mastermind behind the music, and also creates all the album artwork.

Listening to more recent Darkwave stuff: TR/ST, Lebanon Hanover, She Past Away, etc.

Instagram @dutch_steel

The only non-rock/metal music I listen to is classical and there are times when I get really into it. Not too long ago, it was pretty much like 90+% of what I was listening too, but I got back into guitars again lol. My favorite era is definitely the Romantic era where composers often had grand, unique styles and also broke a bit of tradition (but not too much to the point where it sounded like atonal crap!). My favorite composers are guys like Richard Strauss, Igor Stravinsky, Claude Debussy, Franz Liszt, and Tchaikovsky. Here's one of my favorite tone poems, Till Eulenspiegel's Merry Pranks, Op. 28, from Strauss.

I love Hall & Oates....fight me.
Been on a hardcore kick lately. I always loved Hatebreed.
Old thread but I've been getting really into 70s funk lately. There's an element of badassery to it that I dig. 

I suppose many people will continue moving towards careless computing, because there's a sucker born every minute. - RMS 

Russian Straight-Edge rap.