R.I.P. André Matos (ex-Angra, ex-Viper)
Reports are coming that André Matos, the original singer of the bands Angra and Viper, has died today. The cause of death was a heart attack. For fuck's sake, he was ONLY forty-seven! R.I.P.

Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
Sad news. I didn't know him too well at all. I've listened to Angra before and I like 'em. It's been a while since I last listened to them. They're an awesome Brazil band. R.I.P. André Matos.
You should check out the first two Viper albums, if you haven't yet. Some really fucking kickass power/speed metal!
Oh man, this fucking sucks. Great vocalist. I remember hearing Angra for the first time in high school, around my Sophmore year. Heard Viper many years later, fucking great stuff.

Rock In Peace Sad
That sucks, RIP. I only just recently found out how great of a speed/power album Soldiers of Sunrise is. I've been listening to it quite a lot the past two or three months. He was a great vocalist.
Yeah that's some sad news. R.I.P.
Occasionally, I write Western and Japanese music reviews.
So sad to hear Sad. RIP
Saw this on Insta, TBH I've never heard of the man, but 47 is younger than me so that isn't good.
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

He was a household name in power metal. Vocally identical to Michael Kiske, although I personally think he's even better.
Just so sad after hearing the awful news this morning. R.I.P.
Sad news. RIP Andre.
I can't describe how sad I am. I've been his fan for thirty years, when I first listened to him he still was a member of Viper. I'm still coping with this.
"There ain't no way to stop us
and you'll never kill our pride
'cause it's not only music
it's a chosen way of life!"
His Facebook page officially confirmed that it was a heart attack. I don't even know what to say, honestly. Seemed like a really nice guy, despite being extremely private. I wouldn't hold it against him, since it takes a lot of pressure to make it in the business. He leaves behind such a sizable legacy, it's incredible.
Quote:The official Facebook page of André Matos, former lead singer of the Brazilian metal band ANGRA, has confirmed that the musician died of a heart attack on Saturday (June 8).

Because André was "an extremely reserved person" who made it clear while he was alive that he did not want his family to have a wake or him, the 47-year-old will be cremated today in the presence only of relatives, the message on his Facebook page said.

André performed last Sunday (June 2) at the Espaço das Américas in São Paulo with SHAMAN and also made a guest appearance with the show's headliners, AVANTASIA.
Yes, he was much appreciated and loved in the Metal community, due to his friendly and educated personality. This may sound corny, but Metal has become much less happy after this real tragedy.
All I know is that we should be grateful for the old guards who continue to stick around and create music for their passionate fans. Always look forward to seeing them in concert, even if it might not seem like much at the time. Once their time is up, you can never go back.

Let's be glad that the original line-up of Black Sabbath is still alive. Naoto Shibata of Anthem almost died, too. Sad
(06-10-2019, 01:07 AM)Painkiller Wrote: All I know is that we should be grateful for the old guards who continue to stick around and create music for their passionate fans. Always look forward to seeing them in concert, even if it might not seem like much at the time. Once their time is up, you can never go back.

Yeah definitely. There's a lot of bands I want to see before it's too late.
Occasionally, I write Western and Japanese music reviews.
Kiko Loureiro talking on video about this subject. It's of course in Portuguese, but you can turn on English captions. I don't have to turn on the captions. Wink
It's too soon for me yet, I'll have to wait for a little more to watch it. Sad