Thread Closed 
Rules for Metal News
I've added this forum to focus specifically on upcoming releases and tour announcements, which would lift some pressure from managing Rotten to the Core as a whole. For things like when a musician passes away, it's OK to start memorial threads for them there, as I'd like this particular side to the forums being more about what's hitting the shelves pretty soon.

1. Format for new releases:
Code:
Band (Abbreviation) - Release (Month Day, Year)
Format for new tours:
Code:
Band 1 (Abbreviation) / Band 2 (Abbreviation) / Band 3 (Abbreviation) / etc. - Tour (Year)
It was previously ruled that news threads should be reserved for bigger bands, but with the addition of the forum, go ahead and start their respective threads, and only continue back to the bands' threads when the threads in question are locked.

2. For bands announcing new releases or tours, once a month has passed since the date of release or the last date of the tour, the threads in question will be locked, and discussions should resume in their general threads.

3. I'm going to make it a plan to lock nearly all threads that are past two years of age, except for the more generalized threads. Again, it's something to use best judgment on. This would give the hint to recreate the same threads for a fresher discussion flow. This is an experimental idea, and I think it should work smoothly. No sense in not retiring age-old threads.
Visit this user's website
Right now, I've moved all the old threads from Tours, Gigs, & Festivals into Metal News (the current forum). I'm strongly considering the inclusion of thread prefixes (i.e. one for albums and one for tours).
Visit this user's website
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General & Miscellaneous Metal News Thread Painkiller 16 1,009 05-31-2019, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Spirit in Black