Guests Cannot View Poll Results
You must LOG IN or REGISTER to be able to vote in this poll.

Amazon.com Discogs eBay YouTube
Sarcófago vs. Sepultura
Image Image
Two quintessential Brazilian extreme metal bands. Vote for the one you like more. Keep in mind that although Sepultura did commit musical suicide at a certain point, Sarcófago went the same way.

I'm going to vote for Sepultura, because everything from 1985 to 1991 is classic, with my personal favorite album being the rusty Morbid Visions. They eventually discarded their death metal and black metal elements for a pure thrash metal sound, but it didn't stop there -- they added hardcore and nu metal to their sound since releasing the smelly turds known as Chaos A.D. and Roots. To think that a band that had a lot to offer watering themselves down to gain acceptance from run-of-the-mill metalheads is melancholic.

Sarcófago's I.N.R.I. is really good, but the production bogs it down a bit. "Nightmare" is still an amazing song with lots of atmosphere. I'd argue that the band's death/thrash metal era resulted in their strongest effort, that being the flawless The Laws of Scourge. Now, if I.N.R.I. had that kind of production, then I'd like it a lot more. The bestial growls of Wagner Antichrist put Max Cavalera's to shame, regardless of era. The funny thing is that he was the original Sepultura vocalist, and one could only imagine what albums the two would be making together.

Quote this message in a reply

[-]
No Permission
Sorry, you do not have sufficient rights to view replies in this thread. Please LOG IN or REGISTER!