The Drug Thread
About time someone made this, of course it had to be me. Discuss drugs, legal or illicit and your opinions, experiences etc. Try not to incriminate yourself too much since we all know the Illuminati is watching. Also please refrain from "straight edge life" preaching, everyone is entitled to do what they wish with their own body.
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
Looks like Canada has voted to legalise recreational Marijuana.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...88996.html
Australia is slowly on the way towards legalising it for medicinal purposes. I'm hoping it gets through, but we may still be a few years off since Australia is a nanny state. I'd love for recreational weed to be legalised, since I smoke at least once a fortnight on average these days.
There are pros and cons to the legalization of weed. While I couldn't give a flying fuck what people do with their bodies, I have an intense fear of the government having full access, and you can't always be willing to trust what they'll do to the plants. This is when the risk of GMOs is increased, and chances are you'll be paying quite a bit more over the counter than through your personal dealer, who most likely naturally sources it. Of course, there are different possibilities on dealing with this stuff, but those are two extremes.

I would not consider weed a drug.
(06-09-2018, 10:20 PM)Painkiller Wrote: There are pros and cons to the legalization of weed. While I couldn't give a flying fuck what people do with their bodies, I have an intense fear of the government having full access, and you can't always be willing to trust what they'll do to the plants. This is when the risk of GMOs is increased, and chances are you'll be paying quite a bit more over the counter than through your personal dealer, who most likely naturally sources it. Of course, there are different possibilities on dealing with this stuff, but those are two extremes.

I would not consider weed a drug.

Agreed to a certain extent. Personally, I would probably still buy from a dealer or grow my own were it to be legalised here, but having the risk of being criminally charged for possession removed would be a great start.

Weed is definitely a drug, it gets you high. Yeah it's natural, but so are the opium and coca plants, so realistically these all come under "natural" drugs. A similar argument can be made for alcohol as well if you really think about it.
I would argue that it's more of a trade-off than anything else. The pros and the cons would be swapped. I'm not going to comment further on that, as I'm not in law or claim to have any dealings with that. I'm just going by what I actively know. Everyone can make up their own minds and do as they please, provided they understand the circumstances.

For me, it is debatable on weed being a literal drug. I would agree that you could also say the same for alcohol in its substance-causing effects, but there are multiple classifications for a reason. Part of that reason is being addicted to weed is not the same as being addicted to tobacco, cocaine, meth, heroin, and so on.
(06-10-2018, 12:41 AM)Painkiller Wrote: For me, it is debatable on weed being a literal drug. I would agree that you could also say the same for alcohol in its substance-causing effects, but there are multiple classifications for a reason. Part of that reason is being addicted to weed is not the same as being addicted to tobacco, cocaine, meth, heroin, and so on.

It's my honest opinion that weed is not addictive. There is absolutely zero physical withdrawal symptoms. Last week I smoked for 2 days straight and felt completely fine the next day with zero compulsion to do it again. It's also not really harmful to your body in the same way other narcotics and alcohol/tobacco are. I've enjoyed smoking weed on occasion for approximately half my life now and can easily go long periods of time without it, I indulge purely because I enjoy.
If it is addictive, then it would certainly not be physical. That's what I meant to say. There are indeed no withdrawal symptoms.

"Gateway drug" makes sense as a classification. I'd still distance weed itself from the aforementioned substances.
"Gateway drug" in the sense it's usually the first thing most people try, for sure. I personally tried it before alcohol and later on trying other substances, personal favourite being cocaine, which is something I rarely do and save for very special occasions. On the other hand, a lot of people try the hard stuff first and become addicts quickly, it all depends on circumstances.
If it's from a drug dealer then I would be worried because you deon't know whats in it. But if it is from the government, then you can be assured it would be regulated and be reasonably safe to use.
(06-10-2018, 12:41 AM)Painkiller Wrote: For me, it is debatable on weed being a literal drug. I would agree that you could also say the same for alcohol in its substance-causing effects, but there are multiple classifications for a reason. Part of that reason is being addicted to weed is not the same as being addicted to tobacco, cocaine, meth, heroin, and so on.

I want to add on to this whole thing. How many people get killed by doing weed compared to other drugs (tobacco, cocaine, meth, heroin, etc), alcohol or cigar? Last I checked, alcohol killed like millions of people in America and so does cigar. Also, so does other drugs too. It's bad enough that I have Opioids epidemic near my city. Not to mention I don't trust the government with access weed because god knows what ingredients they put on there.
My band projects: Bloody Rage (Extreme Metal, Crust/Hardcore/D-Beat Punk) and Haunted Burial (Traditional Doom Metal)

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
(06-10-2018, 04:19 AM)Ironmaidens666 Wrote: If it's from a drug dealer then I would be worried because you deon't know whats in it. But if it is from the government, then you can be assured it would be regulated and be reasonably safe to use.

Depends who you buy from. I've always gone through close friends to make my connections and the person whom I buy the harder stuff through actually uses a testing kit on everything he gets to check the purity etc., but it is true that you're always running the risk when you play around with chemicals.

(06-10-2018, 08:26 AM)MetalSamurai Wrote: I want to add on to this whole thing. How many people get killed by doing weed compared to other drugs (tobacco, cocaine, meth, heroin, etc), alcohol or cigar? Last I checked, alcohol killed like millions of people in America and so does cigar. Also, so does other drugs too. It's bad enough that I have Opioids epidemic near my city. Not to mention I don't trust the government with access weed because god knows what ingredients they put on there.

Agreed for the most part. Weed is basically harmless and can't actually kill you on it's own.
As for the government thing, it has it's good and bad aspects really and only time will tell how it turns out in the long run.
On Saturday night I had MDMA for the first time in roughly 18 months. Holy shit the quality of this stuff has improved in Sydney! I started off by popping one cap at 9pm then snorting half of another a couple of hours later and was up with my GF, her brother and their mate until 3AM playing retarded drinking games and smoking weed. Woke up at 9am with no comedown or hangover effects at all. 10/10 would do again.