The Film Thread
Finally got around to watching Tobe Hooper's Lifeforce (1985). Not great, but interesting take on traditional vampire myth. Surprised to see Patrick Stewart show up halfway through the film. 6/10
@glovesofmetal (Instagram)
Quote this message in a reply
The Unknown Soldier - Tuntematon Sotilas (2017)
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

I recently watched Bird Box.I still have no idea what the whole fuzz was about.
I got fucked up and watched Sausage Party on Friday. It was... enlightening. Then on Saturday I got fucked up and re-watched the Shining.
(02-24-2019, 05:21 PM)Vagabond Wrote: I got fucked up and watched Sausage Party on Friday. It was... enlightening. Then on Saturday I got fucked up and re-watched the Shining.

Each time I re-watch the Shining the more disturbing it ends up being. Great film.
I watched Jaws 2 and Troll 2 the other night. Interesting films.
I finally watched Shindler's List untill the end.
The Zookeeper's Wife (2017) Based on a true story wich I found out after watching the movie.It's pretty interesting if you like WW2 history.

Paranormal Investigation (2018) A possessed boy and a exorcism,the classic story.Not bad but not good either.
I want to watch T34, gotta have a look and see if someone has done an english translation.

Instagram @dutch_steel

The Dirt (2019) Yes,the Motley Crue documentary movie thingy... I have no idea if it supossed to be a funny movie (aside from the drama parts,very sad things did happen to the band members) but I did laugh more as I expected.
I've been diving a bit into older movies. Netflix had Strangers On A Train (1951) which I believe is the first (full) Hitchcock movie I've seen. Have since watched The Maltese Falcon (1941) and am currently on North By Northwest (1959).

I always had the impression that plots in older movies (pre ~1975) were tended to be very one-dimensional with the movement being driven by the story alone, which often was something very straight forward. While this may be true to a certain extent, I was a bit surprised at how much I enjoyed the Maltese Falcon; the pacing was surprising and despite being somewhat singular, there was a lot there to be thought about/taken away. I'm looking forward to delving more into older stuff. I'm sick of modern productions. The "golden age" of movies for me personally is the stuff that mostly came out in the '70s.

Watched this last night for what seems like possibly the 10 th or more time and yes it still gets me going.

Instagram @dutch_steel

Triple Frontier (2019) A bit of a B movie but it was still enjoyable to watch.Seeing Charlie Hunnam in a different role then a biker (Sons of Anarchy) was not bad either. Cool
Had a movie night tonight and saw the 2010's version of 13 Assassins, was one of the great historic, but gritty samurai films to date. It basically follows the plot where one guy was hired by the government of Japan secretly, to hired 12 others to join his march against their sadistic, tyrant lord that killed his own people for fun.

Fun fact: 13 Assassins film is actually based on a true story of an event that actually happened at that time.

My band projects: RanCoffin (Black Metal, Crust/D-Beat Punk) and Haunted Burial (Traditional Doom Metal)

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
Visit this user's website
Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile(2019). aka The movie about a woman who has a relationship with Ted Bundy during his killing spree.It's based on the book that the real girlfriend of Bundy wrote.I hope that book is better as the movie.Too many times they jumped from a certain year to ...years later to continue the story.Many bits and pieces that makes it chaotic to watch.There's not a real story line.If done right,it could be a more interesting movie.

The movie itself got my attention way back because of the anouncement that James Hetfield has a small role in this movie.His part lasts about two minutes and he did a good job.
The ten seconds of 'The Four Horsemen' later in the movie was a bit of suprise but I'm not complaining Wink
Revisiting my namesake series, Phantasm. I purchased the Blu-ray collection some time ago but never revisited II-V in that format. Just finished the first today. I recall the pacing of I into II is fantastic.
Caught up on a lot of stuff while sick.

Rain Man (1988). I thought I hadn't seen this prior but pretty sure I had. Can't really say I enjoyed it all that much this time around.

Red Dawn (1984). This I had seen before many years ago. I thought I would have enjoyed it more after become a John Milius fan but I still don't think it entirely clicks. Swayze is great.

Psycho (1960). First viewing after many years of neglect. A lot of the shock that probably should have been there was lost through years of passive cultural osmosis. I feel that Hitchcock has better films

Zodiac (2007). Perennial rewatch.

Stephen King's Silver Bullet (1985). I enjoyed this one. Werewolf films are typically hit or miss with little room middle ground. Funny dialogic, great death scenes; just a fun view.
Rutger Hauer, remembered best for his roles on films such as Surviving the Game and Blade Runner, died a few days ago. R.I.P.
Visit this user's website
^Heard about this, Damn, R.I.P.
Sad news.I knew him also from Dutch movies he was in.

RIP
The Golem (2018) No idea why this film is categorised as horror.It still was a good watch.
The Rite (2011) Not a bad film either.Anthony Hopkins never dissapoints.Ironically I watched it on the same day the news came about the passing of Rutger Hauer,who has a little role in this one.
I was interested in checking out the Golem. Will have to see if I can find it.

The new A24 studios film The Lighthouse is getting a lot traction. Due to be released in the coming month I believe.

Also, Shout Factory has finally got around to re-releasing John Carpenter's classic Big Trouble in Little China. See here: Shout Factory Big Trouble
I watched a trailer of The Lighthouse and it seems a interesting movie.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Film & Merch Purchases Heavy Thrashhead 0 104 11-14-2017, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Heavy Thrashhead
  The Dark Tower Film Speedball 1 178 07-03-2016, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Spirit in Black