The Most Genuinely Evil Black Metal Albums
What is your genuinely evil black metal albums that you ever listened that has NO silly bs gimmicks like you know, one of those kind of band; leave you not only hearing 101% raw filtered attitude that left you ears pierced by rawness of the album, but make you "shit I gotta take a nice, hot shower with washing soap after hearing this album"?! Those raw black metal bands that I've listened countless of times, left me smelling like stinky, rotten meat shit. Those below imo are my favorite of them all.

My band projects: RanCoffin (Black Metal, Crust/D-Beat Punk) and Haunted Burial (Traditional Doom Metal)

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
Good thread! Let's see what the others say.

I'm personally still attached to the old Brazilian extreme metal bands, such as Sepultura, Sarcófago, Holocausto, and many others from that region. Whether done on purpose or not, the way those early recordings came out sounded quite surreal. Your average fan of Nuclear Blasted production values would be scared away on the merit of being unable to withstand music that's rawer in production than the first Iron Maiden album, but for those who are more initiated, they could get so much more out of the sheer ferocity put on tape.

Sodom's early days were just straight-up punishingly evil, and every time Tom Angelripper laughs on "Blasphemer", it's great stuff. People like to think that the re-recording of Obsessed by Cruelty is better than the original, but I've always felt that it didn't fit the nature of the songs to begin with, whether the band or their management liked it or not. It's just not possible for me to hear the intro of the title track differently from the "shitty" version.

Hellhammer and Celtic Frost both exhibited those feelings quite well, but they're not usually coming to mind in the same form as the aforementioned bands. I don't know if it had to do with the avant-garde metal elements that were added in since To Mega Therion, but I didn't even think that the EPs were FULLY evil, so to say.

Similarly, you could also lump in prototypical bands such as Death SS, Kreator, Razor, Dark Angel, or Mercyful Fate with that same attitude expressed in the primitive era of extreme metal.

Anyway, going to close this post with Sepultura's "Empire of the Damned" and Sodom's "Brandish the Sceptre" as two of the most fucked up songs I ever heard by any established band.

Evil, raw and black metal, I'll put my thinking cap on and see what comes up.
Nothing jumps out at me straight away.
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

I find Sigh's first two albums to be pretty fucking evil. Neither are anywhere close to my favorite, but hey they are pretty good albums. Wink

Occasionally, I write Western and Japanese music reviews.

I'd probably go for this.
Finnish, Venom influence, Raw yup, evil well you be the judge.
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

Here's a few black metal albums I find to be genuinely evil.

Awesome thread, MetalSamurai!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Evil Laugh on a Metal Song? Painkiller 20 797 05-24-2019, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Keeper
  Rob Halford's Top 10 Metal Albums BeyondOsiris 11 375 07-20-2017, 10:05 AM
Last Post: FinalShawn
  Best Unreleased Metal Albums Heavy Thrashhead 6 1,254 03-21-2017, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Mick Bynes
  Nihilistic Themes Outside of Black Metal, Death Metal, or Doom Metal Painkiller 5 567 08-31-2016, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Pablood BlackDeath
  Metal Albums That Had No Tour Painkiller 5 253 05-14-2016, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Keeper