Guests Cannot View Poll Results
You must LOG IN or REGISTER to be able to vote in this poll.

[Thrash Metal] Favorite Thrash Metal Album of 2006?
Arriving at 2006 wich wasn't a very shocking year for thrash metal,as in albums.I've tried to pick the most interesting albums that were released that year.

Mortifer (RUS) - Cybernized

Angelus Apatrida - Evil Unleashed

Violator - Chemical Assault

Shatter Messiah - Never To Play The Servant

Sodom - Sodom

Slayer - Christ Illusion

After All - This Violent Decline

Legion Of The Damned - Malevolent Rapture
Quote this message in a reply
Both Sodom and Slayer albums that year were highly praised and considered true return-to-form albums (although in Sodom's case, M-16 had more of their modern classics on the same album).

I know I'm just going to vote for the Sodom album in question, but I'll listen to a couple of other albums mentioned before casting my vote. I think the retro thrash metal scene really kicked off in 2007 or 2008, but 2006 was clearly getting there!
Visit this user's website
I went with Malevolent Rapture. It's more of death metal album to me. It's a thrash/death metal album. It's a pretty powerful sounding album.
Voted on Christ Illusion, the others I unfortunately don't know yet.
"There ain't no way to stop us
and you'll never kill our pride
'cause it's not only music
it's a chosen way of life!"
(05-23-2019, 12:35 AM)Painkiller Wrote: I think the retro thrash metal scene really kicked off in 2007 or 2008, but 2006 was clearly getting there!

The NWOTM was starting a little in 2006.More bands arised in 2007 and it exploded in 2008.I'm busy with 2008 and thinking about to do two polls.One for the usual thrash bands and their albums and one for the retro ones.The list of albums is fcking huge!
I had to choose between a couple of albums...Legion Of The Damned got my vote.
(05-26-2019, 01:43 AM)Spirit in Black Wrote: The NWOTM was starting a little in 2006.More bands arised in 2007 and it exploded in 2008.I'm busy with 2008 and thinking about to do two polls.One for the usual thrash bands and their albums and one for the retro ones.The list of albums is fcking huge!
For the 2008 poll, just try the best you can to combine the ten most significant releases, and then any other choice could be "other".

So, unsurprisingly, I voted for Sodom's self-titled modern masterpiece. I don't think anyone is surprised... Tongue

I did check out Violator's Chemical Assault a bit, and it easily reminds me of mid-period Overkill musically. I didn't care for the vocals, but they didn't turn me away from the awesome thrashing (despite being a tad predictable). Legion of the Damned definitely impressed me more (I dug the "Werewolf Corpse" music video), what with their tasty death metal leanings.
(05-28-2019, 11:42 PM)Painkiller Wrote: For the 2008 poll, just try the best you can to combine the ten most significant releases, and then any other choice could be "other".

That must be doable.I hope... Laugh

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Thrash Metal] Favorite Thrash Metal Album of 2005? Spirit in Black 6 288 04-11-2019, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Too Dark Park
  [Heavy Metal] Favorite Heavy Metal Album of 1982? Heavy Thrashhead 11 871 04-07-2019, 08:12 AM
Last Post: StainedClass95
  [Thrash Metal] Favorite Thrash Metal Album of 2004? Spirit in Black 6 252 04-04-2019, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Spirit in Black
  [Heavy Metal] Favorite Heavy Metal Album of 1981? Heavy Thrashhead 12 1,065 04-01-2019, 05:53 PM
  [Heavy Metal] Favorite Heavy Metal Album of 1980? Heavy Thrashhead 22 1,168 03-27-2019, 10:16 AM