[USPM] Aerian Rage (US)
Aerian Rage was a power metal band. The group formed in 1981 and released three demos throughout the decade. The demos have all been compiled on a 2011 album titled Fist of Steel (by Stormspell Records).

For fans of Heathen's Rage and early Cloven Hoof.

Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
Aerian Rage was a killer band.
The compilation that the band and Stormspell records brought out is so well done. The packaging in the booklet has a great history written down, plus quotes from the guitar player on each page of the booklet relating to their history, some lyrics, and b/w photos.
The songs are great and well played considering how young the band was - they were a high school band when they started and were just out when they started recording the demos in 1983. The sound on these tracks are sonically solid considering the were recorded on four track and in the guitar player's mother's garage.
The music itself stands shoulder to shoulder with a ton of early eighties metal. With the right push, they could have easily been a Metal Blade band back then, as their sound had that vibe that bands like Armored Saint and Malice possessed.
Well worth hunting down and getting a copy.
(01-16-2014, 10:51 AM)metalken Wrote: Aerian Rage was a killer band.
The compilation that the band and Stormspell records brought out is so well done. The packaging in the booklet has a great history written down, plus quotes from the guitar player on each page of the booklet relating to their history, some lyrics, and b/w photos.
The songs are great and well played considering how young the band was - they were a high school band when they started and were just out when they started recording the demos in 1983. The sound on these tracks are sonically solid considering the were recorded on four track and in the guitar player's mother's garage.
The music itself stands shoulder to shoulder with a ton of early eighties metal. With the right push, they could have easily been a Metal Blade band back then, as their sound had that vibe that bands like Armored Saint and Malice possessed.
Well worth hunting down and getting a copy.
I've still yet to get the reissue. Because I only saw listings from Greek sellers, I avoided getting it, fearing they might have been bootlegs. Either way, I think I should give them another listen.
Finally in my collection. Great stuff, really.

My only complaint is that "Kill or Be Killed" got bumped down several tracks to follow the 1984 version of "Against the Blade". Is this an issue with all copies, or just mine?