What Releases You Like To See Get a CD Pressing
Since there are thousands of rare an obscure album that has yet to get a cd pressing, i think it would be good to have a thread on what albums you want to see get released on the cd format

for me, i would like to see these following titles

Predator - Easy Prey (1986)
i'm wondering still why this has yet to see a cd pressing, i have a good guess why, 'cos of it's cover art, so what it was released with bad art, almost half the majority of album released durring this time period had cheesy art, yet those got a cd pressing, but why notthis one?, what?, it was not totally heavy as Metallica or fucking Slayer, or is it the fact that this album was released on none-other than Metal Fucking Blade records, i did mention slayer, but how come?, the album is not half bad, it's pretty good melodic uspm speed metal, hell, there were bands on this label that never got albums released on cd, Bloodlust for an example, but years later that album finally did get pressed onto cd, but not by Metal Blade, but that now comes to question?, how come some other label never thaught about giving this album the reissue it needs?, only time will tell

OZ - III Warning (1985)
unlike Predator, OZ is a well established act that hails from finland, releasing one of the most cult albums to date, "Fire in the Brain", but their third album did not get that high of statis, it has been left in the dust, this is no slouch, so i wonder why it has not seen a cd release?, it's not satanic enough????, bullshit, the riffs kept bleeding through this album, i hope the reason why this album has not seen that treatment due to it sporting a some-what cheesy artwork?, that should never be the reason why an album does not get a cd pressing, it's just dumb, the music is what matters and this album should get a reissue

Wolfpack - Total Head Removal (1987)
this one is a sleeper, this just like the Predator, sports one cheesy artwork, but the music is solid british NWOBHM-tinged-Speed/Thrash Metal, this album i would like to see get a cd reissue

Armed Force - Heavy Artillery (1986)
now, this band originally went by the name of Armed Forces and released 1984 ep "Let There be Metal", but had line-up changes and altered the name to just Armed Force and released one final album in 1986 named "Heavy Artillery", now, the ep has a cd pressing, but it's a typical fan-made bootleg (never baught it, never will), this album however, never has gotten a cd pressing, i'm guessing Iron Works never had enough $$$$ to distribute all of their catalogue onto cd, maybe some other label will do the justice?

now, this is all i can think of now, but later i will, for now, your guys/girls turn, what do you like to see get a cd pressing.
Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

http://nastymetalproductions.forcesofsteel.com/
X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
NastyMetalProdcuctions/YouTubeChannel
HeavyThrashhed/Soundcloud.com
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
If bootlegs don't count, then I would like to own official CD reissues for Gotham City's The Unknown, Glacier's self-titled EP, and Tyton's Mind over Metal.
Yeah, uh about that?, they don't, they do in away count, just it's more that of collecting hazzards in away, but those do deserve a official cd pressing nonetheless, those bootlegs still count as a cd pressing, just unofficial and suffers from average-to-bad-sound quality.
Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
Chaos UK's Burning Britain EP, the original vinyl pressing is pretty hard to find. I'll name more later when I think of some.
Most of the rare vinyl stuff I want has already been bootlegged or repressed on CD some way or another. What I would really like to see is a repressed CD of Mefisto's "The Truth," since the CD sells for over $100 and doesn't have an official repress or common bootleg
It'd be dandy to get Ranger's Knights of Darkness issued on CD.
(03-18-2015, 11:29 PM)Painkiller Wrote: It'd be dandy to get Ranger's Knights of Darkness issued on CD.

it has been, it's a compilation disc though, look it up.

X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
(03-18-2015, 11:37 PM)Heavy Thrashhead Wrote: it has been, it's a compilation disc though, look it up.
I just checked to make sure, and it looks like I overlooked that one. Thanks.
I can't think of anymore that don't have any official cd pressing, but there's tons of albums I wish would get repressed someday. There's also a few albums I like that don't have a vinyl pressing, which is interesting. A couple examples are Wayne - Metal Church, only released on CD, numerous underground death metal albums and Saxon - Unleash the Beast. The latter does have one vinyl pressing but was released in 2008 and only 300 copies exist. So it's quite expensive lol.
Forbidden -Trapped
It's a demo and some songs have never been released on any album.Some songs did,although in a different version or with different lyrics.
It's strange that none of us mentioned Atomkraft's Future Warriors or the Queen of Death EP yet, neither of which have gotten a proper CD release. I could get 2004 compilation album that features most of the aforementioned releases' material, but the tracks aren't listed in order.
All the Ebony Rec. Compilations in a box set would rule!
Would be nice if Jenovavirus' demo could get a legit pressing instead of just some shitty CD-r that's impossible to find

and Moonblood stuff but of course that will never happen
I'd love to see Vanishing Point's EP, full-length album, and three demos finally reissued on CD. Very melodic and Judas Priest-ish.
Danger Zone's Victim of Time and the first 4 pantera platters would be awesome! Hand
leatherlyon: Power Metal was the only one that got officially released on cd by the band, it has not been reissued recently just only in bootleg form.

X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
It'd be nice to not have to resort to getting an unofficial CD of Pretty Maids' self-titled EP from 1983. The only official CD version is from Japan, but it's been since deleted.
(03-20-2015, 03:19 AM)Spirit in Black Wrote: Forbidden -Trapped
It's a demo and some songs have never been released on any album.Some songs did,although in a different version or with different lyrics.

I discovered there are two bootleg versions of Trapped available wich I both ordered (yeah I do have a weakness for this band although Forbidden don't have anything to do with these releases).One have the original artwork and is concidered a re-release of Trapped.

I would like to see Burn of Burn (Sweden) being released on cd.
I have cd, cassette and vinyl player. In something releases in just 1format.
(05-12-2014, 07:04 PM)Painkiller Wrote: Glacier's self-titled EP.
...and it finally happened late last year. Now Playing

Crowley's Whisper of the Evil needs to follow suit. Fuck the fact that it's only ever been released on vinyl. Irritated

Also, I'm rather surprised that Digger's Stronger than Ever never saw an official CD pressing. According to Discogs, only a 2013 Russian bootleg exists on that format. I'll probably just pick it up, anyway, since I'd like to complete my Grave Digger collection. Noise Records is such a hot label that honestly is a bit of a bitch to collect.
Razor's Custom Killing. That totally needs a CD pressing.
One I'd absolutely love to see get a proper CD reissue would be Pantera's Power Metal, such a good album and the band hides from it even though much of the album is every bit as good as anything else they would ever release after.
Fortunately, the album did get a CD release back in the day on the band's house label, but that version of the album is increasingly rare and expensive. The bootlegs are total replicas, with probably the only exception to the rule being that the booklet isn't made of a heavy stock card material, unlike the original.

I don't think that the surviving members of the band will ever go ahead with getting them reissued.
Some of these were either bootlegged, released using inferior masters or never issued on CD at all. I want 'em all. Yes, even the Neo-Destruction ones. Weirdo

(02-03-2017, 03:37 AM)Painkiller Wrote: Crowley's Whisper of the Evil needs to follow suit. Fuck the fact that it's only ever been released on vinyl. Irritated
...and it finally happened early last year, despite the digipak format. Now Playing

It's good to see more obscurities are finally seeing the CD format. For example, Hidden recently put together a compilation album's worth of demo material that could only otherwise be consumed on the cassette format or with two songs available as part of Melodical Renaissance (it would be interesting to compare different mastering versions).