Guests Cannot View Poll Results
You must LOG IN or REGISTER to be able to vote in this poll.

Your Three Favorite 'Suicide' Songs?
A lot of metal songs contain the word "suicide" in their titles, either by itself or in conjunction. For the sake of discussion, you can also vote for something else on the strength of songs with "suicidal" in the title.

Vote for your three favorite songs.

Here's a handy playlist:
  1. Cannibal Corpse (US) - "Gallery of Suicide" (1998)
  2. Coroner (CH) - "Suicide Command" (1987)
  3. Death (US) - "Suicide Machine" (1991)
  4. Deicide (US) - "Sacrificial Suicide" (1990)
  5. Hallows Eve (US) - "Suicide" (1986)
  6. Hexx (US) - "Suicide" (1986)
  7. Kreator (DE) - "Suicide Terrorist" (2005)
  8. Motörhead (UK) - "Suicide" (2004)
  9. Ozzy Osbourne (UK) - "Suicide Solution" (1980)
  10. Rage (DE) - "Suicide" (1986)
  11. Sigh (JP) - "Diabolic Suicide" (1999)
  12. Slayer (US) - "Mandatory Suicide" (1988)
  13. Thin Lizzy (IE) - "Suicide" (1975)
As I said before, there are tons of other bands that could be mentioned (e.g. Katatonia, Hobbs' Angel of Death, Gravestone, Necronomicon), but the current pairing appears to cater to this community's general interests. As said, you are free to vote for something else, but it would be cool to specify which bands' songs you had in mind!

My votes in no order would be for Coroner and Rage. Since I'm also voting for a band not mentioned, I'll go ahead and post Zenith's "Suicide". Simply epic Japanese power/progressive metal mastery right here!
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
That Coroner song is one of my favorite Coroner songs ever, so that's a no brainer. That particular Death song isn't my favorite on that album, but it's still good so I'll take that as well. Third place is going to have to be Sigh. Not my personal favorite Sigh album, but it's still pretty good.
some good songs there but i went with "Suicide" from Thin Lizzy. for a 70's Hard Rock song it has quite a bit of character and riff compositions, it also has some of the best duel guitar solos from both Scott Gorham and Brian Robertson. such an killer track.
Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

http://nastymetalproductions.forcesofsteel.com/
X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
NastyMetalProdcuctions/YouTubeChannel
HeavyThrashhed/Soundcloud.com
This poll is a multiple choice, so you can vote for two more songs.
I actually believe "Sacrificial Suicide" used to be my favorite Deicide track when I used to spin their first two back in my unrealized death metal days. The Ozzy track is iconic.
@glovesofmetal (Instagram)
OZZY!!!
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

Suicide Machine is one of my all time favorite songs of Death.Ozzy's Suicide Solution is a classic.Mandatory Suicide has a catchy riff and played live,this song is awesome.

Thin Lizzy's Suicide has the fourth place.
Where did you come up with this post? Why does it have to be about suicide?
Wordplay is an interest of mine. For example, I just started another several months ago that sadly got ignored.

Turns out there are many metal songs with "suicide" in the title. It's no different from using other typical words such as "evil" or "death".
I understand that, I was just wondering why suicide is highlighted in the post. I wouldn't mind a song listing with Evil or Death either, there's plenty of songs I like with all three. I just hope you're doing well too.
(02-19-2019, 08:22 PM)Painkiller Wrote: Wordplay is an interest of mine. For example, I just started another several months ago that sadly got ignored.

I don't even recall seeing this thread. I'm gonna go vote now.
Awesome. These polls are definitely fun.
It's a different spin on things, definitely keep them going.
All these songs are pretty damn good, but I picked Corner, Motorhead, and Rage. Those are probably my three. The Thin Lizzy song though, that could probably replace Rage, but it's definitely top 5.
I went with Cannibal Corpse, Death and Deicide! Fantastic songs. I almost went with Slayer instead of CC.
Looks like Death and Ozzy Osbourne are at a tie. All good stuff.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Five Favorite 'Angel Of' Songs? Painkiller 4 111 02-19-2019, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Vagabond